Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
If you would rather watch than read…click here ABC Good Morning Kern County
Mother’s Day is this Sunday so before heading off to the florist or jeweler, take note of what moms really want:
Forty-eight percent of moms who participated in a survey for Ebates.com named a day at the spa as their number one gift choice. However, men mistakenly ranked spa day as number three on the list above jewelry and flowers.
What moms want most this Mother’s Day is some quiet time and spa-style relaxation. Making her feel pampered and special with a little R&R doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
1. Spa Day (48%)
- About $100 will get you a nice spa package, shop around on sites like Spafinder.com or if you have a Costco membership you can get a $100 SpaFinder certificate for $79.99 at Costco.com
- Premade baskets or kits are readily available for about $25 -
TIP: Include hand written note and offer to watch the kids
2. Flowers (38%) Free to $15 & Up
- It’s spring and flowers are blooming everywhere, so check your yard first
- Big box stores like Costco offer good quality and low prices ($15)
- Local flower shops offer personalized service and speedy service
- There is still time to order online from websites like ProFlowers.com. Onlines sites offer a solid selection, good quality and value (some even offer guarantees) If you see a box that asks for a promo code remember how easy it is to find one – simply open another browser window and search for ”promo code or coupon code” for the site you are shopping on copy, paste and enjoy the savigs.
Tip: Pick her favorite color or flower
3. Jewelry - (36%)
- Find a jeweler you can trust (ask family and friends for reference)
- Get guarantees in writing, certificates of value
- Look for a good return/exchange policy
- TIP: Find out what she wants first -Silver is in……
- Free – paper, pen or crayons
- Hand made – say something specific
- That she made a difference in your life or kids lives
- That she has taught you something….
Moms give out so much of themselves, their lives can be hectic and stressful so a little R & R goes a long way. More than anything mothers simply want to be remembered, appreciated and acknowledged. And if you are a mom it’s oaky to ask for what you really want….Happy Mother’s Day.