What we do
We provide financial education programs that help non-profits, schools, businesses, mentoring programs and other organizations put financially educated, self-sufficient members of society on the streets and into the workforce of the communities they serve.
Research shows that lack of financial literacy can have devastating effects on families, schools, businesses and communities. It can lead to financial stress and a self-perpetuating cycle of adverse circumstances and lack of stability.
We believe that
- Financial education is the foundation of financial independence, and putting better-educated consumers on our streets and into our workforce will improve the lives of everyone that lives, works and does business in this great nation.
My Financial Academy Financial Literacy Program teaches people how to master everyday financial skills, and then bridges the gap to employee benefits when people are ready to enter/re-enter the workforce.
My Financial Academy provides user-friendly, online video courses that range from 5 minutes to 1 hour.
- Created and delivered by financial expert Denise Winston
- Cover today’s most important financial topics
- Use real-world examples
- Provide usable hands-on information
- Cater to diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Can include links to specific products, services and resources
- Delivered via video modules that are conversational and concise
- Engage learners with knowledge checks and activities
- Help people deal with the 6-10 financial decisions they make everyday
- Are for beginners, or more experienced people, who want to sharpen their financial skills
- Financial Goals
- Debt Management
- Investing Basics
- Credit Score Management
- Health Insurance
- Everyday Shopping/Spending
- And More!
Robust Reporting By
- And more!
Denise Winston spent 25 years in the banking industry, watching the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and how the banks made their money. Observing the lack of financial education and the extreme impact it had on people’s lives, their employer’s profitability and the communities in which they live, Winston was compelled to do something about it. Thus, in 2009, at the peak of the financial crisis, she founded Money Starts Here, LLC, and created My Financial Academy.
- 25 years in the banking industry
- 30+ year financial educator
- 7 year financial wellness program provider
- Guinness World Record®: Financial Literacy Program creator and presenter
- Frequent contributor to national media outlets including: The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Forbes.com, Reuters and many more
Let’s talk about your project!
GET IN TOUCH
Money Starts Here
9711 Holland Street
Bakersfield, CA 93312